819 376-5011, ext. 4597
Cellulaire : 819 244-6174
Main sector of activity:
Valorization of biomass into biobased products, production of microalgae, forest extractives
- Production of microalgae in industrial effluents
- Harvesting of algal biomass with paper technologies
- Extraction of molecules of interest from forest biomass
- Evaluation of the antimicrobial efficacy of extracts from biomass and functionalized paper products
Nathalie is a biologist with a master’s degree in Environmental Science and has been a researcher at Innofibre since 2014. Her experience has oriented her towards regional development, circular economy, value chain organization and consultation with local stakeholders. My expertise is also put to good use in Innofibre’s research projects involving biological and microbiological aspects, such as the production of microalgae and the development of natural antimicrobials.
- Boivin, M., Bourdeau, N., Barnabé, S. & Desgagné-Penix, I. Sprout Suppressive Molecules Effective on Potato (Solanum tuberosum) Tubers during Storage: a Review. American Journal of Potato Research, 1-13 (2020).
- Blondeau, D. et al. Antimicrobial activity and chemical composition of white birch(Betula papyrifera Marshall) bark extracts. Microbiology Open 9, 1-23 (2019).
- Barnabé, S. et al. How industries and cities are seizing the opportunity of the bioeconomy to enable prosperous and sustainable regions: Cases from Quebec. Industrial Biotechnology 15, 113-117 (2019).
- St-Pierre, A. et al. Chemical Composition of Black Spruce (Picea mariana) Bark Extracts and Their Potential as Natural Disinfectant. Industrial Biotechnology 15, 219-231, doi:10.1089/ind.2019.0007 (2019).
- Moreno-Garcia, L., Gariépy, Y., Bourdeau, N., Barnabé, S. & Raghavan, G. S. V. Optimization of the proportions of four wastewaters in a blend for the cultivation of microalgae using a mixture design. Bioresource Technol 283, 168-173, doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2019.03.067 (2019).
- St-Pierre, A. et al. Phytochemical Screening of Quaking Aspen (Populus tremuloides) Extracts by UPLC-QTOF-MS and Evaluation of their Antimicrobial Activity. Molecules 23, 1739 (2018).
- Bourdeau, N. et al. Mixotrophic cultivation of an algae-bacteria consortia in aluminum smelter wastewaters in Quebec: high nitrogen concentration increases overall lipid production. Industrial biotechnology 13 (2017).
- Boëns, B., Pilon, G., Bourdeau, N., Adjallé, K. & Barnabé, S. Hydrothermal liquefaction of a wastewater native Chlorella sp. bacteria consortium: biocrude production and characterization. Biofuels, 1-9, doi:10.1080/17597269.2016.1168027 (2016).